B2B Pre-Purchase Customers
If you have already purchased your Melico test-kit via a clinic, please follow these instructions below.
- Before completing a sample, please make sure you have created an account, under the ‘My account’ section of the Melico website. Without this, you will not be able to access your dietary report.
- Once created, navigate to the Metabotracker Personal service category page, and selecting from either the ‘single-test’, ‘two-test’ or ‘three test’ option, depending on how many sample kits you have purchased.
- Please complete the pre-sample survey, by clicking the ‘check now’ button in the top right section of each either the ‘single-test’, ‘two-test’ or ‘three test’ pages. This confirms your sample will be suitable for analysis.
- Click ‘Add to cart’ once complete. Please go through the checkout process, and enter code given to you at the clinic, in the ‘Discount code’ section on the right-hand side of the payment page. As you will already have purchased your sample kit in-person, you can proceed to the sample instructions.
- Please make sure your sample is taken from your first urine of the day, i.e. taken from the first time you go to the bathroom after you have woken up in the morning. (If you wake up frequently in the night, any sample from 5/6am onwards is considered the first fasted morning sample).
- Remove the lid from the beaker.
- Discard a small amount of your urine and fill the beaker, until approximately three quarters full.
- Firmly reattach the lid of the beaker.
- Partially peel back the white protective label covering the lid of the beaker until the hole is visible. Please do not remove it completely.
- Take the sample tube from your test kit and insert the yellow end with the vacuum seal into the hole in the lid of the beaker.
- Press the sample tube down firmly and fill it until approximately half full. Please note that the seal on the sample tube is a vacuum design that only works once.
- If you have difficulty filling it this way, please remove both the beaker and sample tube lids, and decant the urine sample directly from the beaker into the sample tube until half-full. Discard any excess urine from the beaker into the toilet and dispose of the beaker. Re-screw the lid of the sample tube back on and proceed directly to step 9 (omitting 8).
- Stick the label on the lid of the beaker back down, discard any excess urine into the toilet and dispose of the beaker in a general waste bin.
- Please proceed to place the sample tube into the small silver bag provided, and seal it carefully.
- Store your sample bag in the freezer until you can return it to the drop point. This bag is leak proof and odourless once properly sealed, so it is sanitary to do so. There is a padded sheet inside the silver bag so if it breaks for any reason, the liquid will be absorbed.
- The drop point for returning your sample will be a Melico box within the clinic where you purchased the test-kit. Please return your sample to this location, by the cut-off day provided at point of purchase. Please note, if you miss this day, your sample analysis may take longer to generate, so please return your sample by this day to receive your report in 7 working days.
- Once you have completed your sample, please make a note of the sample number which is on both the bottom of your test kit box, and on the sample tube itself. Log back into the ‘My account’ section of the Melico website, and click on the ‘Register your tube number’ button. Enter the sample number. It is very important you do this, otherwise your report cannot be traced.
- After you have submitted your sample number and returned your sample to the Melico drop-point at the clinic, simply sit back and wait for your results! For example, if returned by a Thursday, the dietary reports should be ready to view in 7 days. You can check on the progress by clicking the ‘My reports’ button in the ‘My account’ section of the Melico website.
Thank you for your participation!
The Melico team.