Please read these instructions carefully and set a reminder to take a sample of your first morning urine, on the scheduled dates for your program. This is typically the first urine you produce in the morning, after 6am and before you have breakfast or consume any food or beverages.
Your MetaboTracker program
Your sample tubes have been labelled in a specific order for each step of the program. For the interpretation of your results, it is important that you use the sample tubes in this order.
Step 1: Sample 0 (baseline at the start of the program)
Step 2: Samples 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Step 3: Samples 6, 7, 8
Step 4: Samples 9, 10, 11
Step 5: Sample 12 (final sample at the end of the program)
Contents of the sample kit
- 1 baseline +12 sample cups
- 1 baseline +12 sample tubes
- 1 baseline +12 large sample bags
Step by step instructions
- Remove the lid from the sample cup.
- Discard a small amount of your first morning urine and then proceed to fill the sample cup, until it is approximately half full.
- Firmly reattach the lid of the sample cup.
- Peel back the white protective label covering the lid of the sample cup slightly, until the hole is visible. Please do not remove it completely.
- Open the sample tube and insert it into the hole in the lid of the sample cup.
- Press the sample tube down firmly and fill the sample tube until it is approximately three quarters full. Please note that the seal on the sample tube is a vacuum design that only works once. If you have difficulty filling the sample tube, please remove the lid and poor directly from the larger sample cup.
- Stick the sample cup label back down, discard any excess urine into the toilet and dispose of the sample cup in a general waste bin.
- Proceed to place the sample tube into the silver bag provided and seal it carefully. Once sealed, it is leakproof.
- Store your sample bag in the freezer until the courier comes to collect it.
Thank you for your participation!