Web purchase B2C customers
Customers who have purchased a Melico test kit via the website
If you have already set up a Melico ‘My account’ profile via the website and received your sample kit at home or your chosen location, please follow these steps to complete your sample analysis journey.
- Please make sure your sample is taken from your first urine of the day, i.e. taken from the first time you go to the bathroom after you have woken up in the morning. (If you wake up frequently in the night, any sample from 5/6am onwards is considered the first fasted morning sample).
- Remove the lid from the beaker.
- Discard a small amount of your urine and fill the beaker, until approximately three quarters full.
- Firmly reattach the lid of the beaker.
- Partially peel back the white protective label covering the lid of the beaker until the hole is visible. Please do not remove it completely.
- Take the sample tube from your test kit and insert the yellow end with the vacuum seal into the hole in the lid of the beaker.
- Press the sample tube down firmly and fill it until approximately half full. Please note that the seal on the sample tube is a vacuum design that only works once.
- If you have difficulty filling it this way, please remove both the beaker and sample tube lids, and decant the urine sample directly from the beaker into the sample tube until half-full. Discard any excess urine from the beaker into the toilet and dispose of the beaker. Re-screw the lid of the sample tube back on and proceed directly to step 9 (omitting 8).
- Stick the label on the lid of the beaker back down, discard any excess urine into the toilet and dispose of the beaker in a general waste bin.
- Please proceed to place the sample tube into the small silver bag provided, and seal it carefully.
- Store your sample bag in the freezer until you are ready to return it. This bag is leak proof and odourless once properly sealed, so it is sanitary to do so. There is a padded sheet inside the silver bag so if it breaks for any reason, the liquid will be absorbed.
- Keep the white return envelope in a secure place until collection.
- Once you have completed your sample, please make a note of the sample number which is on both the bottom of your test kit box, and on the sample tube itself. Log back into the ‘My account’ section of the Melico website, and click on the ‘Register your tube number’ button. Enter the sample number. It is very important you do this, otherwise your report cannot be traced.
- Please scan the Royal Mail QR code to arrange a collection for your sample. Once arranged, place the silver bag inside the padded return envelope provided. Royal Mail will not accept the silver bag if not placed in this second receptacle, so it is very important in order to return the sample.
- After you have sent your sample back, simply sit back and wait for your results! If returned by Thursday, the dietary reports should be ready to view in 7 days. You can check on the progress by clicking the ‘My reports’ button in the ‘My account’ section of the Melico website.
Thank you for your participation!
The Melico team.